With the passage of the mandatory commercial recycling law AB 341, businesses generating four cubic yards or more of solid waste per week are now mandated to recycle. The goal of this law is to empower the state’s commercial sector to recycle an additional 2 to 3 million tons of waste annually by 2020.
Brentwood Disposal Service can help commercial customers get started on new recycling programs or improve existing ones. A Brentwood Disposal representative will visit your site and help you choose the correct level of service that most economically fits your needs.
When more recyclables are diverted from the landfill to recycling facilities, people and the planet benefit in the following ways:
• Pollution and climate relief through lower methane emissions in landfills.
• Improved economy and ecology for California manufacturing plants through smarter conservation and recovery of natural resources – plus more job opportunities.
• Healthier carbon storage in soils from using composted organic waste, which cuts back on the use of fertilizers and pesticides.
• Better attitude and pride among commercial customers, employees and tenants who take responsibility for recycling more and wasting less.
• Bottom-line savings for many customers who lead successful recycling programs.
For a free waste and recycling compliance review, call Brentwood Disposal at 925-634-1123 Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.